Methodist Monastics

The Bloghome of 6 Methodist Pastors Exploring Monasticism and the Struggle for Sabbath in Church Leadership. Methodist Monastics are funded by a grant from the Lily Endowment and associated with Columbia Theological School's S3 program.

Saturday, May 26, 2007

Another Mainliner "Flirting" with Monastacism




Guys, I've heard about this book several times now, most recently on a podcast recorded at Columbia during a mainline emergent conference in January.I'm sure your bullpen of books is like mine, but I'm hoping to see what author Karen Sloan's experience has to say about our own.

Here's a link if you're interested.

2 Comments:

Blogger Revmom54 said...

Karen Sloan is a very interesting person - also very accessible so if you wanted to be in touch with her via email or phone/conference call to continue some discussion, I'd encourage you to do so. She seemed to enjoy herself at January seminars here at CTS - I wish I could have spent more time with her. I think she's a blogger and/or has a website, too.

Looking forward to seeing you in August!

Sarah E.

6:50 AM  
Blogger Bryan Brooks said...

Sounds interesting, Mark. Thanks for the heads up. I'll check out the book.

7:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home