Methodist Monastics

The Bloghome of 6 Methodist Pastors Exploring Monasticism and the Struggle for Sabbath in Church Leadership. Methodist Monastics are funded by a grant from the Lily Endowment and associated with Columbia Theological School's S3 program.

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

In my prayer time this morning, I was impressed with the thought that what we are doing might just be a holy thing in spite of the 6 that are involved. What I mean is what I couldn't communicate yesterday because of my insatiable (though often unsuccessful) desire to say something funny is that I think God has led us to something of meaning, something that will inform and restore our ministries. I need some more quiet. I need a more sure foundation that I think a more spiritually disciplined life can provide. I am excited to see how God uses what we learn, the accountability we gain, and the Sabbath we experience to further His Kingdom. I just felt like this morning, God assured me that He was involved in this, for that I am grateful. Then a baby started crying, my silence and prayer was broken, and the day crept in!

1 Comments:

Blogger Mark Youngman said...

Yes brother, I agree. I have a lot of hope that God will redeem our efforts together, in part to redeem the work of the church.

Surely your prayer was not broken by the baby crying, just altered.

8:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home